TOGETHER WE CAN FIX FASHION
We are building a better future for our planet by connecting conscientious individuals with ethical and sustainable brands.
A LETTER FROM OUR FOUNDERS
We founded Luv.it in direct response to an opaque, exploitative, unsustainable fashion industry that’s damaging our planet and its people.
Luv.it is a passion project built by a driven team of digital entrepreneurs and fashion insiders committed to building a better future.
Fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world and plagued with ethical issues, ranging from indefensible wages to unsafe working conditions. While few seem to be engaging in critical conversations about how to address these grave concerns, we believe the industry must change. So we’re leading the charge for more responsibility and accountability.
We all know that what we buy defines who we are and what we care about. But when we buy a new garment, we rarely ask where it came from, how it was made, or whose hands crafted it. When we’ve outworn old garments, we neglect to ask what happens when we discard them. And even if we’re already asking these questions, our industry makes it almost impossible to find the answers. So shoppers remain disconnected and detached from the growing crisis.
At Luv.it, we believe that people make principled purchasing decisions when they’re made aware of the social and environmental impact of their choices. We believe people want to identify as conscious, ethical consumers who care about whether factories are safe, whether materials and methods are sustainable, and whether workers are treated humanely.
So we created a marketplace to give shoppers better alternatives, and help shoppers make informed and inspired decisions about what they wear.
We carefully curate and support a selection of designers that are taking a stand and adopting sustainable and ethical practices in their businesses. We celebrate fashion labels that not only adhere to the acceptable standards of the industry, but strive to raise those standards.
We’re driven by our vision of an elevated, engaging shopping experience and our duty to educate others on the negative impacts of fast fashion. Because we believe our planet is at stake. We know that individual designers and shoppers can make a world of difference with their choices and their voices, so we’re here to shed light on exciting new possibilities.
- 1 out of 6 people in the world work in the fashion supply chain.
- 80% of garment workers are women.
- 170 million children are working in the fashion industry.
- 77 million lbs of textiles get thrown out every day.
- The only industry that pollutes more than fashion is oil.
- 20% of industrial water pollution comes from the treating and dyeing textiles.
- 9 million pieces of clothing are consumed every hour.
- E-commerce uses 30% less energy than traditional retail.
- Air-drying clothes reduces a household’s carbon footprint by 2,400 lbs per year.
- Greenpeace estimates 20% of clothing not to be worn once.
- It takes 900 gallons of water to make one pair of jeans (2 years of drinking water).
- The fashion industry uses 79 billion cubic meters a year (over 20 trillion gallons).
- We believe in accountability - fashion should not come at the cost of the planet.
- We believe in justice - every worker around the world deserves equal opportunity and respect.
- We believe in transparency - it’s the foundation of all relationships (even buyers and sellers).
- We believe in compassion - we think people want to do the right thing once they realize the impact of their choices.
- We believe in raising awareness - we like to think of information as a super-power.
- We believe in taking action - it’s the only way to ever make change.
- We believe it starts with us - we can all help make a difference, if only we decide.